Blank Slate

Back in August, in my post about the New Wood Rack, I outlined my plan for the Total Shop Overhaul:
Phase 1: New Wood Rack
Phase 2: Remove Old Wood Rack to make room for the wall
Phase 3: Partition Wall w/ door
Phase 4: Window Installation
Phase 5: Rearrange Shop
Im happy to report that Phases 1 - 3 are complete and I will be jumping to Phase 5 as soon as I can! Wahoo! The Phase 4 window installation is probably going to have to wait a bit, but I think I can live with that.
The main thing is that the partition wall is complete (okay, the door isnt in yet, but again, I can live with that). Its open at the top to allow heat into the shop, and open at the bottom because - well shoot, okay its not totally done yet. Actually, it will have some sort of venting at the bottom to allow cold air return - otherwise Id be working in a deep freeze all winter. Im not sure what my plan is for the bottom venting yet, so I just left room.
You might notice that I used cheap, and not very smooth plywood. Hopefully, that wont be as noticeable once things are in place, otherwise I will regret saving the money...
So now it is on to the fun part - rearranging/reclaiming the shop! Options, options!
The next step is making about 30 feet of French Cleat...

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment